Thursday 14 July 2011

L'OREAL Open Eyes Chrome Intensity eyeshadow quad

I really love eyeshadow quads. Not only do they save space but they also provide a wide variety of colors. Looking at so many different colors just makes me a happy girl :)

So when I got L'OREAL's Open Eyes Chrome Intensity eyeshadow quad, I felt ecstatic.

And you can probably tell why. The packaging itself is simply elegant. I adore the butterfly situated at the corner and the golden-ness of the packaging. It makes the quad look classy and expensive. I have a soft spot for makeup with gorgeous packaging. That's why I'm a big fan of Etude House products. Their packaging is always cute and uber chic!

Anyways, back to this L'OREAL quad. These colors really appeal to me. If you have read my previous posts, then you would already know that pink and purple are included in my favorite eyeshadow color list.This quad is perfect for me. It has a sweet pink (Pink Mania), a lovely purple (Purple Obsession), a rich dark purple (Open Deep Purple) and a dazzling white (Open Highlighter) eyeshadow color.


These eyeshadows are quite pigmented. They are also kind of shimmery. What I like about it is that the glittery bits are not chunky. They are very tiny and fine. Here's a swatch of each color:

Alright, the swatches don't exactly look shimmery. But when you rub it on your hand, you can definitely see little flexes of beautiful glitter.

The downside of this product is that it was rather pricey. Compared to the Maybeline eyeshadow quads, this L'OREAL quad is exorbitant. That's why I tend to stick with Maybeline quads. They are affordable and of good quality. Still, I love my only L'OREAL quad. It is my precious baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment