Monday 16 January 2012

Nikita

I had just about ran out of TV series to watch when I stumbled upon Nikita. Honestly, I didn't know much about it. All I knew was that Maggie Q was the lead actress. But boy am I glad that I started watching. Nikita is an absolute delight to watch.

Basically, the series centers on a secret government-funded organization which is known as Division. Division recruits troubled youngsters and molds them into efficient spies and assassins. This organization, however, isn't all goody goody. Division has broken away from the government and now performs operations for their own gains. They ruthlessly eliminate and destroy people who stand in their way. 
Nikita (Maggie Q) is a Division agent who has gone rogue after her fiance was murdered by Division. Her ultimate mission is to bring Division down. She then trains a girl, Alex (Lyndsy Fonseca), who becomes a recruit inside Division. Alex subsequently works as a mole for her mentor. And then there's Michael (Shane West), a Division operative who trained Nikita. He wants to capture Nikita but his feelings for her often leaves him torn in two.

Nikita is filled with action and nail-biting scenes. There are times where you think that Alex would be found out by Division. There are loads of gun fighting scenes as well. The weapons used in this series are pretty impressive. Maggie Q totally rocks when she is firing one of her countless cool guns. What's more, she looks hot in practically every scene. 

Tough as she is, Nikita occasionally shows her vulnerable side. This is especially so when it comes to her deceased fiance. Her protectiveness and concern for Alex is also touching. I think that her softer emotions actually humanizes her tough chick character.

It doesn't take a genius to figure out that there's something going on with Nikita and Michael. They really do share a great chemistry. Shane West has this growly but utterly sexy voice. He frowns most of the time as Michael. However, that certainly doesn't stop him from looking handsome!

Lyndsy Fonseca effectively portrays Alex. I was gobsmacked when I realized that she played Ted's daughter in How I Met Your Mother. She seemed so different back then! 


In my opinion, Nikita is definitely a series worth watching. I can't wait to watch Season 2! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment