Friday 5 August 2011

Makeup Removers

I'm quite particular when it comes to makeup removers. I dislike vigorously scrubbing or rubbing my face when it comes to removing my makeup. Thus, I tend to buy removers which eliminates waterproof makeup. So far, two makeup removers stood out. They are my Maybeline Make Up Remover (Eye & Lip) and The Body Shop Camomile Gentle Eye Make-up Remover. 

Maybeline Make Up Remover (Eye & Lip)
As you can see in the picture, the Maybeline makeup remover consists of two layers. So you have to shake it well before using it. Here's what the description says:

This formula instantly removes all eye and lip make up, even waterproof and non-transfer. Formulated for sensitive eyes, it is especially very gentle for the delicate skin around eyes.

Yes, it does a remarkable job of removing waterproof makeup. I don't have to scrub very hard to get my makeup off. So that's a bonus point. However, whenever I use this makeup remover, my eyes get a very slight tingly feeling. Does that make my eyes super sensitive? 

Other than this flaw, this Maybeline makeup remover is pretty much perfect. It is affordable as well. I only wished that they sold it in bigger bottles.

The Body Shop Camomile Gentle Eye Make-up Remover
Moving on to The Body Shop Makeup Remover! I don't buy The Body Shop products as they are rather expensive. Whatever products that I have from this shop are usually gifts from others. This makeup remover is actually a sample that I got after buying the Body Butter as a birthday present for my friend. It's description:

All-in one lash and lid cleansing, conditioning and softening. ALL SKIN TYPES.

I must admit that I love this product! It is so gentle on the eyes. My eyes don't tingle at all! It effectively removes waterproof eye makeup AND it has a fragrant Camomile scent. Heavenly

So the winner here is definitely The Body Shop Camomile Gentle Eye Makeup Remover!


No comments:

Post a Comment