Monday 26 March 2012

My Boss, My Hero

Have you ever watched a TV series that made you laugh so hard that you actually cried? Well, I had that experience when I watched My Boss, My Hero.

It is a Japanese comedy which consists of only ten episodes. The story is about Sakaki Makio, a 27-year-old high school dropout who is next in line to be the yakuza (gangster) boss. 

Makio is pretty good when it comes to fighting and gambling. But in terms of academic standards, he is unbelievably dumb. So his dad forces him back to high school and threatens that he would not make Makio the next boss if he doesn't graduate. His days in high school make him realize school is not all about tests and studying. It is in school that he realizes the true meaning of friendship and hard work.

This is seriously the best and funniest Japanese TV series I have ever seen! Each episode had me in fits of laughter. Nagase Tomoya, the actor who plays Sakaki Makio, is an ace at producing the most ridiculous and legendary expressions. Here are some of his most epic ones:



And here's my utmost favourite:

Crazy, right? It's also real fun to watch the yakuza talk.They always have this invade-your-personal-space tendency and contorted expressions. Makio's suboridinate, Kazu, is also awesome at making fierce yet comical yakuza expressions...

The way Makio threatens and roars into Kazu's face is just nuts! It's crazily funny and exaggerated!

If you haven't watched it, you must check this one out :) It is extremely hilarious and heart-warming at the same time. Definitely a must-watch!

No comments:

Post a Comment