Monday 20 June 2011

Celebrity Disney Dream Photos

Ah, Disney films. They never fail to bring back wonderful memories of my childhood. I remember watching The Little Mermaid repeatedly and marvelling at how the chef could defy gravity in his wild attempts of catching Sebastian. I loved Beauty and the Beast as well.

Anyways, back to the topic. I was absolutely enthralled by the celebrity Disney photographs taken by Annie Leibovitz. These photos captured the wondrous feel of the Disney characters.

Scarlett Johansson as Cinderella

This is my utmost favourite photo. Scarlett fits the role of Cinderella perfectly. This picture gives off fantasy-like and dreamy vibes. The background itself is spectacular. All the small details made a difference. I particularly like that there is a spotlight straight from the palace on the glass shoe she leaves behind. Her dress is simply magnificent! I love how it flows gracefully in her haste to retreat.

Rachel Weisz as Snow White

I have always admired Rachel for her porcelain and creamy complexion. Thus, I was delighted when I found out that she was portrayed as Snow White. Ideal indeed. The animals surrounding her all the more enhances the sweet character of Snow White. And look at those cute bunnies! Don't they make you go "aww"?

Jessica Biel as Pocahontas

I like how Jessica is posed as if she were running with the wind. This captures the essence of Pocahontas as she is a free-spirited woman. The leaves swirling around her also creates a sense of freedom. Too bad John Smith is not around...

Penelope Cruz as Belle and Jeff Bridges as the Prince in Beauty and the Beast

Penelope looks totally gorgeous in this picture. She undoubtedly makes a beautiful Belle. However, Jeff Bridges seems a tad too old to hold the role of the dashing prince to me. I expected the prince to be younger. I found the background of the picture a little weird too. Both Penelope and Jeff are clad in ballroom attire and yet, the background is so gloomy and dark. Shouldn't they be in a glamorous and beautifully lit ballroom (Think the Hall of Mirrors in the Palace of Versailles)? Or perhaps it is a contrast technique used to boost the magical feel of the characters...

Olivia Wilde as the evil queen from Snow white and Alec Baldwin as the magic mirror

In my opinion, Olivia totally nailed the look of the wicked queen, right down to the sardonically lifted brow. Jadore her darkly majestic attire. She literally brings the evil queen to life! Alec Baldwin is convincing enough as the magic mirror. His expression conveys mystery, as if he knows something that you don't. There is an element of eerieness too in this picture.

It is fun too see Disney characters come to live by being portrayed by real people. Fantabulous, don't you think? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment