Tuesday 18 October 2011

Book Haul

I LOVE books. So you can probably imagine my reaction when I heard about The Big Bad Wolf book sale. The most expensive books there were a mere RM25. The lowest was RM3 (for manga). I could practically feel myself hyperventilating. Is it normal to be this excited about books? Crazy I know. So anyway, this event was held in MAEPS (Malaysia Agro Exposition Park) in Serdang. 
The moment I got there, I was greeted by the sight of many people lugging big bags of books away. Some of them even had huge trolleys! Honestly, I immediately felt anxious because that meant that more good books were gone. So I rushed like a zealous, mad girl into the hall. Once there, I was stunned. There were soooo many books in the big hall. Books, books, books everywhere.

After spending a few good hours there, yours truly returned with four books. Now I don't usually buy books for myself because of their usual high prices. I typically resort to going to the library. Needless to say, I was totally ecstatic about my book haul. Here are the books which I got:
This book was recommended to me by my cousin sister. I have always been fascinated by the Egyptian culture. The royal tombs, mummies, pyramids...they all leave me in awe. So yeah, I bought this book because it is set in Egypt. It was priced at a mere RM10! What's more, there are two stories in this book! So how could possibly I say no to this?
The second book (also RM10) which I got was by Sabine Dardenne. She is one courageous girl. For those of you who didn't know, Sabine was kidnapped by a notorious paedophile at the age of twelve. Her ordeal in the serial killer's basement lasted 80 long days. This books recounts her harrowing experience. It is truly an inspiring tale about courage and survival. 
The third book that I got was a RM8 romance novel. I have read Jane Feather's novels before and they impressed me. She is talented in creating tender love stories and charming her readers with her captivating characters. Unlike many other romance novels which are normally set in England, this books is set in Granada, Spain. The different setting caught my attention and it added another reason to why I should get the book. 

Of all the four books that I bought, this is the one which I'm most excited about. It cost RM10. Although I didn't go to art classes, I have always loved art - drawing, making cards - they all give me a sense of fulfillment and satisfaction. This book is a guide on how to make fabulous greeting cards for your girl friends. I was really amazed by the creativity of the designs in the book. Here are some snapshots of it:

I wanted to get a book on beauty and cosmetics but there seemed to be very limited choice. It probably had to do with the fact that I went there a week after The Big Bad Wolf sale started (I had classes and Serdang is quite far from where I live). The good books were already taken by others :( Oh well...I guess there's always next time.

I'm so glad that The Big Bad Wolf is an annual event. I will definitely go back for more next year :)

No comments:

Post a Comment